On Friday 14 January 2005 12:50 pm, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
| Csaba Henk wrote:
| > <OT>
| > Well, it's quite a surprise that you are the one who answered my post...
| > Just before I read your answer, I decided that I give you my "quote of
| > the week" award, due to an old post of you, to which I bumped on
| > accidentally... It says: "If we ever find intelligent creatures somewhere
| > else in the universe, they will know pi, e, and some dialect of LISP." ;)
| > Is it original? </OT>

It has certainly been said before. Who originated the statement I do not know.
It would be interesting to find out.

It was once said that Ruby too borders on this type of universality. Though I
think that's a bit of a stretch. Nonetheless we can be pretty sure that
dialects of Assembly, Lisp, Forth and Prolog are indeed being used or have
been used by I.A. (assuming they exist/had existed).

T.