On 2005-01-14, Michael C. Libby <mcl-ruby-talk / andsoforth.com> wrote:

> Wow. I've never had method-name completion until I read this post and thought
> "but I already have filename completion!" Then I actually RTFM and find that
> to get method-name completion I have to require 'irb/completion'.
>
> Which, of course, clobbers filename completion. This patch will be very
> nice for keeping filename completion around. So thank you!

I'm glad to have at least one user :)

> How about doing the filename matching if the word starts with " or ' ?
>
> When I'm doing path work I tend to avoid the use of ./, ../, and ~/,
> opting for either explicitly declaring a path or just assuming that we
> have already chdir'ed to the correct directory.

Actually my implemetation doesn't care about quotes. It relies only on those
special beginnings (I'd neither begin filenames that way, hadn't my filename
completion relied on them). The reason for doing it so is that this
behaviour was the simplest to code; now I quite like it this way. But feel
free to improve my solution -- I might prefer then your one.

Csab