In article <1105695838.854959.16660 / f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
zimba.tm / gmail.com <zimba.tm / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Take a look at the python side of things. The plethora of web
>> frameworks is confusing and contradicting the mantra of 'one way
>> of doing things'.
>>
>> I hope ruby don't end up in this kind of situation.
>
>There is a difference, I think, in the ruby community. It is that it's
>small enough so that everybody can participate :)

But it appears that the Ruby community is experiencing (or is about to
experience) a growth spurt primarily due to outside interest in Rails.

I suspect the Ruby community will be a good deal larger than it currently
is by the end of this year (just a hunch :).
....well that's what we've wanted for the last few years, but are we ready
for it?

>Btw there should be a new class of people after the hackers/coders, it
>would be the "communicators" :p  People who try to find similarities of
>different frameworks and try to merge them if they are close enough.
>And also "geographs", who build the map of technologies and how they
>are related.

And reviewers/writers to try out and compare the different frameworks and
then write articles about the comparisons.

>Btw anyone wants to build something like python's Twisted in ruby ?

Isn't Twisted kind of like drb? (I could be way off here)

Phil