Jim Weirich wrote:
<snipped>
> But I'm running Linux at home and a non-IE solution would be great.
Have you
> considered writing a ruby-based browser skeleton?  Just enough
browser to
> request web pages and give information to your browser controller
software.
> Actually rendering wouldn't be necessary (I think). It would be quite
useful.
We are looking at supporting non-IE solutions. A Ruby-based browser
skeleton sounds like a great idea.

We have been looking at making Watir be able to talk to different
browser mechanisms. The idea is to have flexibility where for example
one could use the COM for IE, another testable interface for a
different browser, or a mechanism like Selenium.

If anyone is interested in developing a Ruby-based browser skeleton,
feel free to propose it on the wtr mailing list and contribute to the
project.

-Jonathan