On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Carl Youngblood wrote:

> I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to be overwhelmed by the recent
> proliferation of web frameworks for ruby.  I mean, this is really cool and
> all, but there's a point at which it becomes difficult to digest everything.
> I sometimes feel, after learning how to use one of them, as if I've just
> bought the latest and greatest gadget, only to learn that the Joneses already
> bought next year's model :-)

Open Source Development moves very slowly, but on a very broad front.

However, once one project proves itself to be superior, then it can gather
an avalanche of momentum.

This proliferation is A Good Thing.

So is the massive weeding out and discarding of these projects as one or
two of them prove themselves.

New Zealand

"The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses
  between the notes -
  ah, that is where the art resides!' - Artur Schnabel