* Mystifier (Jan 13, 2005 19:50):
> I have nothing against or for it as a language specification. What
> interests me that if string are immutable, we can use strings as
> symbols. This can bring about few important effects on VM.

Python has immutable strings.  If you want 'em, use Python.

Now, lets begin a long thread about Python versus Ruby, starting off by
discussing the merits of immutable versus mutable strings, but soon
trailing off by discussing the fact that Guido is Dutch and matz is
Japanese and how this makes Python/Ruby better/worse,
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::