On Jan 13, 2005, at 12:34 PM, PA wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2005, at 18:27, Lothar Scholz wrote:
>
>> But only very few of them are a good choice, and thats a bad thing.
>
> Why? The fact that there are so much choice, both good and bad, force
> you to make/take decisions. This is a positive thing by itself.

Some people probably want some help in their decisions, and that's a
reasonable desire. In the "information market" of Ruby users, there's a
vital role to be played as intermediary--that is, to skip trying to be
the guy who wrote everybody's favorite WAF, and instead to be the guy
who writes cogent summaries of the choices to help everybody pick their
own.

I just Googled for an example of a post like this, and although there's
a somewhat informative Ruby-Talk thread
(http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/92222),
there appears to be no such blog entry that summarizes this.
(Mailing-list threads aren't enough on a topic like this, as they tend
to be extremely verbose.) If you are a Ruby blogger and are looking to
get more traffic to your site, you could probably boost your traffic by
writing an entry about what WAF you use, and why.

Francis Hwang
http://fhwang.net/