On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 04:21:14 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213 / hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Michael Neumann" <mneumann / ntecs.de> wrote
>
> > We (Kevin and Michael) are proud to release the first public version of
> > Nemo and a new version of Wee simultaneously.
>
> Just started looking at the demo ... very nice.
>
> Do you have the XmlHttpRequest thing working? If so would it be possible for
> Nemo to create smooth rich-client interfaces without page refreshes? e.g.
> combine the view & edit pages into one:
> - person edit-components <div>s are CSS-hidden until you click on Edit
> - list Add component is a hidden <div> until click Add
> - both the above are included (hidden) in the list view page
> - Edit, Add just make visible the corresponding editable <divs>
> - The Save/Cancel (and 'Delete') buttons do a XmlHttp request
> - The response simply updates part of the DOM
> - No page refreshes at all (in this interaction)
>
> You could use Avi's Javascript to do the XmlHttp round-trip. It would take a
> little additional Javascript, with a tweak to the css, to do the hide/show.
>
> Or is there some underlying design of sessions, continuations, URLs, ids of
> edited objects, the back button, etc. that would make this difficult?

I would like to second the request for enhancing Nemo with DHTML and
humbly suggest as a starting point for the client side my fork of
Avi's javascript library
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/lakeshore/lakeshore/resources/liveUpdater.js?view=markup
(which is part of a port of Seaside2 to Java
http://lakeshore.sourceforge.net/).

I've been wanting to look into Mewa for a while now.  Thank you Howard
for letting me do it without having to fire up squeak ;)

Leslie Hensley