Paul Duncan wrote:
> * Alex Martin Ugalde (alex.martin / eresmas.com) wrote:
>
>>Anyone knows if it exists some Ruby binding to Mozilla?
>>
>>My goal is to render HTML pages in Ruby using the Gecko engine, like
>>Python does with PythonMoz (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygtkmoz/).
>

> There's a gtkmozembed binding on RAA at
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=gtkembedmoz, but it hasn't been
> updated since 2001.  Also, both the project page and the download URL
> redirect to... nothing.
>
> Most people doing GTK+ development are using GTK+ 2.0 now-a-days, and
> gtkmozembed has been ported to GTK+ 2.0.  If you want to use it, you'll
> probably need to write bindings for it.  The header only has about 40
> functions, so it shouln't take more than a day or two to wrap.
>
> If writing bindings isn't your cup of tea, you might be able to use
> KHTML instead.  I don't do Qt or KDE, so I can't provide any help in
> that area.

I can only recommend using Ruby with the QtBindings if you can use it.
It was easy to get a useful application fast (although I didn't know Qt
and I never really programed GUI apps).

The tutorial of the KDE bindings even show how to write a browser (in,
what, 80 lines?):
http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/ruby/kde3tutorial/p4.html

Raph