writes:

> With such a name, ruby can only segfault and it do
> this just to be pleasant with you :-)

;) Actually, I took on the name after getting annoyed
by these segfaults :)

>S> Here's a gdb stacktrace
>
> Well, probably it was not compiled with the right
> option.
>
> With a correct backtrace, probably you'll not see
> such calls
>
>S> /usr/local/bin/cygruby19.dll
>S> #40 0x10019a5f in rb_alias () from
>S> /usr/local/bin/cygruby19.dll
>S> #41 0x100189bb in rb_alias () from
>S> /usr/local/bin/cygruby19.dll
>S> #42 0x1001a975 in rb_alias () from
>S> /usr/local/bin/cygruby19.dll
>S> #43 0x10019083 in rb_alias () from
>S> /usr/local/bin/cygruby19.dll
>
> this is probably rb_call() rather than rb_alias() :
> this means that gdb has problem to give the correct
> backtrace

That's all I could produce. I had built ruby with
these
options

% /usr/bin/env CFLAGS="-ggdb -g -O0" ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local --enable-install-doc
--disable-pthread
% make
% make install-all

and previously without the CFLAGS and
--disable-pthread
but got the same segfaults. It always happens in
Thread.start :/

I've spent more than a week dealing with this on
various machines and am almost driven to the brink of
looking for another language :(

> Guy Decoux

-Erlend Oye/Seg Fault/Who Cares