Hello list!

I use Instiki and Soks ("Soks rocks." TM by James Britt ;-)) as personal
and working Wiki apps. Both support the Textile Markup language - which
is a *really good* one, i think. However I don't understand why there
are _two_ tags for code formatting in Textile. From the Textile
reference (http://hobix.com/textile/)
--- snip ---
For example, long code blocks belong between pre and code tags. Please
also indent your code inside the tags to be sure that all Textile
processors out there will ignore the contents.
--- snap ---

Why "pre" *and* "code"? If i use only one of them, the rendered wiki
page output is identical to the output where i used both of them.
So why?

Greetings,
Andreas