"Guy N. Hurst" wrote:
> I tried clarifying above... did I succeed? :-)

Yes. I had forgotten some of the things you mentioned.

I can see there are an awful lot of nitty-gritty details in
scope-management. When I learned Python there was also problems with
scope-management there as well. I've learned quite a bit reading this
thread... :-)

> In short, shadows and imports are analogous in providing
> block-local variables with an initial value obtained from
> the outer scope (if available), and exports do the reverse
> by creating/overwriting a local variable in the outer scope.

That was the sentence I was looking for... :-) Thanks alot!

Dennis Decker Jensen