Dear all,

Instiki is by far the most popular Ruby application that is not a Ruby
development tool. Arguably, it is the _only_ popular Ruby application
for the masses today :) RubyForge download statistics say so. In the
last few days it is shaping up (look at CVS HEAD) as a Rails
application. This change deals with many problems in the original
Instiki, and opens up some new opportunities (undoubtedly, creating some
new problems, too :)

If you want to contribute to this Ruby flagman, here is what you can do:

1. Checkout the current CVS HEAD, look at CONTROLLER_TESTS file and
write tests for the actions marked as not covered.
2. If you have submitted a patch earlier, please consider resubmitting
it against the current CVS. No major new features will be accepted (this
would be for Instiki 2), but bug fixes and other small enhancements are
most welcome.
3. I am particularly interested in changes that make Instiki an
idiomatic ActionPack app (layouts, .rxml templates, extracting other
controllers from WikiController, security and other aspects to filters,
etc).
4. If you happen to be an Apple man, volunteer to build native Instiki
Mac releases (myself, the last time I've laid my hands on a Mac was 1986).
5. Finally, if you happen to be Why the Lucky Stiff, please release
RedCloth 3.0.1 :)

Any other form of testing / fixing / constructive feedback about current
CVS version is highly appreciated. To set expectations right, at the
time of this writing CVS HEAD "works to some extent" - some features are
broken (by ongoing porting, and the lack of automated tests at the
controller level).

Bottom line: Instiki is an active project again. Pitch in.

Best regards,
Alexey Verkhovsky

P.S. By the way, if anyone is wondering what is going on with RForum.
It's more or less feature-complete. We are getting ready to migrate
ruby-forum.org from phpBB to RForum in the next few weeks - to see how
shall it cope with RealLife(TM).