It does work on Windows.  The folks in the Rails mailing list
responded to this (cross-posted) message and explained that you have
to give @items a value in your controller's #list method if you expect
list.rhtml to work.  This _is_ mentioned in the tutorial, right below
the source for list.rhtml.

Bill

--
$stdout.sync = true
"Just another Ruby hacker.".each_byte do |b|