12/01/2005 08:17:30
Sarah Tanembaum <sarahtanembaum / yahoo.com> wrote in message
<34k3ghF4adbm8U1 / individual.net>

> I follow the Ruby on Rail documentation, it works up to list method.

> All other example prior to this works!
> I save it, and reload my browser. Instead of getting the exptected
> result, that is "Do my bed", I got a blank page as well.

That was an example created using the New Todo option. Now the
tutorial wasn't clear about inserting a record, and it doesn't work
anyway. The reason that he don't get a display is that there are no
records. If you insert a record using another product (say WinSQL) it
should work.
When you move onto the "scaffold" bit (a few paragraphs down) - you
will probably get to the bit where it all fell over for me too. I
ended up build the scaffold and editing the created files, because
the example failed to work for me too.
Graham