David Garamond ha scritto:
> Suppose I modify Ruby 1.8.2, create some incompatible changes, and call
> it "Ruby 1.8.99". Can I distribute it within my own company? (I assume
> yes?) Can I distribute it open-source+Freely on the Internet? What if I
> call it "SuperRuby 1.0", or "DavesRuby 1.0" or "Topaz 1.0"? Would that
> be called a fork? How does the Ruby copyright/license regulate forks?

well:
   3. You may distribute the software in object code or executable
      form, provided that you do at least ONE of the following:
        [...]
        c) give non-standard executables non-standard names, with
           instructions on where to get the original software distribution.

seems enough to name it Topaz and put instructions.