On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Robert Feldt wrote:
> Thanks for all nice solutions, this was fun.
> My solution is slower than yours but shorter when you've got
> LazyArray's (It's simple to define them if you build on
> MetaRuby; they're basically as the ProcAsArray example but allowing a
> length of Infinity):

Well, ProcAsArray doesn't cache anything, so you added that as well.

Btw, the contract for ArrayInterface requires #length to return a
nonnegative Integer. If I were to change that (to include Floats or even
just Infinity) I possibly would have to rescan ArrayMixin's whole source
code... and many operations wouldn't make sense anymore anyway...  etc.

matju