On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:46:27 +0900, Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek
<hramrach / centrum.cz> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 02:42:02AM +0900, Sarah Tanembaum wrote:
> > Well, I just got an ownership of iPAQ h1935 with Pocket PC 2003/Windows
> > Mobile 2003. I was wondering if Ruby run in this platform?
> >
> > It make it easier learning Ruby programming on-the-go. Is it possible to
> > optimize Ruby for small devices?
>
> I do not have such device and if I did I would try to run GNU/Linux or
> NetBSD on it to get a more useful OS.
>
> However, if you search for "gcc Pocket PC" with google it finds a
> compiler and as Ruby is fairly portable you should be able to compile
> it.

I forgot to respond to this first time round.

Since the Ruby core is C it may be possible to build the basic
interpreter using Microsoft Visual C++ for embedded devices.  I don't
have it installed right now but will try to do something about it
after my exams.

My idea was to wrap the interpreter in a windowed irb so that you
could develop simple programs.  Library support might be more of a
challenge but who knows?

Regards,

Matt

--