Hello Lethalman,

L> (sorry for my poor English)
L> Hello,
L> i'm a pythonist but i like very much some ruby features, however it
L> doesn't seem to be very supported at all like Python.
L> I never programmed in ruby, because i python is more used.

L> I would like to know why ruby doesn't "take the fly" like Python did,
L> because i really would like to try the ruby language!

At the moment i would say that the language is in some aspects better
then python. But the current implementation is not as good as the language
itself.

Ruby does not have native threading, makeing it a serious problem for
interactive GUI applications. Here Python is in almost all cases still
the better choice.

Ruby has problems with being embedded into other programs, especially
when they are multithreaded but also when they must use two
independent interpreters (like some application servers).

If your application needs to be fast then normally ruby and python are
not a good choice. But it is much easier to improve the performance of
python then ruby, because there are a few more sophisticated
technologies for python then for ruby.

If this 3 reasons are not important to your application then choose
ruby otherwise use another language.