"EustŠ“uio Rangel de Oliveira Jr." <eustaquiorangel / yahoo.com> wrote:
> And, do you have some links about the the Ruby mark-and-sweep type of
> garbage?

While I lack the skill to go source diving, I too am interested in more
info about the gc.
We use conservative gc [talk:102873], ok

So, can one help gc?
e.g. if an Array or Hash is no longer needed, does an Array.clear or
Hash.clear actually zero all internal pointers to help/speed up gc?

How much extra memory does every Ruby object allocation take?
Any alignment losses?

Is there e.g. a preallocate for a String - if I know it'll grow to ~10kb
by using << and I don't want to produce so much temp garbage?

Martin