> If the main Ruby developers are reading this, could you show me
> your version of the Artistic License?  It would be good to make
> sure your version of it is GPL-compatible.  The version used in Perl 5
> is not GPL-compatible, and not even clearly a free software license,
> but small changes make it both.

I think a "spirit of" paragraph would be very helpful if it touched on the main
points of a license which could be easily quoted in association w/ its group,
be it FSF or Ruby developers.  I feel that there are misconceptions about the
GPL preventing cross pollenation between various free s/w language development
groups.

My main poli-econ concern has been the year old recession in the tech and
global economies.  GPL'd s/w should thrive under these conditions and continue
to benefit the planet while other sources continue their decline.  I would very
much like to develop a hardware verion for the GPL to help develop lower cost
computational devices.

I did however see articles in the NY Times hinting at a multi _billion_ dollar
lawsuit because of the "pumping" of VALinux stock, a GPL'd company.

=====
John van Vlaanderen