Luc Heinrich wrote:
> Premshree Pillai <premshree.pillai / gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I don't see other reasons, actually.
>

> Here's one: Ruby is better than Python, but the industry has decided
> that worse is better, so Python wins.
>
> Another one: Bruce Eckel (for whom I had lots of respect) has said that
> Ruby is not worth learning compared to Python (which is why I lost all
> the respect I had for him, poof, instantly gone, bye bye), so Python
> wins again.
>
> Oh, and another one: Python users don't like to admit that they made the
> wrong choice, so they stick with their inferior solution, so Python wins
> again.
>
> Do you need more ? :)

(sorry for my poor English)

I do agree with everything you said, escpecially this:

 > Oh, and another one: Python users don't like to admit that they made the
 > wrong choice, so they stick with their inferior solution, so Python wins
 > again.

However i should say choosing ruby whould be like using a "deprecated
language". It has a low support, development and many other reason that
programmers (and not only pythonist) don't choose ruby.

I think if ruby become a very known-language python could go back to
guido var rossum. The only way is to make great & original projects,
then vendors MUST implement ruby in their products.

Please, phrases to let me start ruby programming? :) I'm making a
medium-big project with python (a powerful and very custmizable-modular
ircd) and i know ruby can do more than python, but i really don't want
to change (easy-to-use matters)...