Ryan Davis wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2005, at 6:45 AM, Dave Thomas wrote:
>
>> Ward asked me to port his Java version to Ruby, which I did a long
>> time back. At that point, he was interested in keeping all
>> implementations of it the same, and so was very keen that the port
>> was basically a transliteration of the original source. That lead to
>> some really ugly Ruby code, which was depressing to work with.
>

> I'm pretty sure Ward forfeited any rights wrt QA/testing when he went
> to the evil empire. ;)

Ok,

So, here's a new question.  Why hasn't *SOMEONE* written a FIT "like"
app for Ruby.  Fit is cool, but yes a version "done-the-ruby-way" would
be be uber-useful.

Anyways, just thinking outloud.

I've kinda been thinking about this for quite some time... Would really
like to see something happen.

j.