On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:20:42 +0900, Giovanni Intini <intinig / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why images?  Do we inherently need images on web pages?
>
> IMHO a few images, even just a logo add some life and dynamism to the page.

+1

> Default size should be good however. The user shouldn't need to
> increase character size to read the page :)

The default size on the current site is quite easy to read, the only
problem with the body text is the distracting background image. (Even
Apple is stopping using it in their applications!)

I'm not sold on the tabs yet. The ones of the Blue page are good, if
you could combine that with the readability of the red ones I'd say
you're heading in the right direction.

Do you need the "Latest News" header? If the headers for the
individual news items could be made more header-looking, you wouldn't
need a bit of text to say "these are headers people!"

Could that text at the top of the page be moved into a third, left
hand column or something? If not, I like the idea of putting a visual
"box" around it as in the Blue theme, though the colours would look
better if it was more like the Red theme. Could the right hand column
and the "box" be given the light red background colour, and then make
the main content area white with the larger font sizes for the content
and news item headers?

Douglas