Alexander Kellet wrote:

>> multiple return values and multiple assignment just fit well together
>> imho :)

I was just wondering how do they fit together?  Are you talking about
multiple assignment as in:

X = 1
X = 2

Or as in

X, Y = foo(blah)

Where foo is define as

def foo()
return 1, 2
end

I think was a bit ambiguous in my email so let me make myself clear.  The
term multiple assignment is used in two situation or at least I use it in
two situations.  In one situation a variable is assigned to and then
assigned to again.  In the other situation, two variable are assigned to at
the same time.  Both these situations are called multiple assignment.  I am
referring to the first situation.  I believe you are referring to the
second.  I have no problem with the second situation.  It is the first that
I believe is unnecessary.  Unless I am missing something and the two kinds
of multiple assignment are some how related.