henon (meinrad recheis) wrote:

>> foxGUIb is an interactive gui builder for fxruby written entirely in Ruby.
>> It does not require much knowledge of the FXRuby API and therefore is
>> also a good start for fxruby newbies. foxGUIb is a completely redesigned
>> and rewritten version of the fox-tool project.

this isn't bad. i need to get a interface up and running quickly, and
this tool seems to be the quickest way in combination with the one
click installer.

i'm porting my blogging app to ruby and one of the major pieces
missing is the gui.  i'm trying to recreate the my tkblog interface:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1/downloads/tkblog.jpg

i could use ruby/tk,  but it would be a manual port.  i thought i
would try a gui builder...

i came -><- this close to actually getting something working, without
knowing any fxruby at all. i couldn't get the buttons aligned the way
like the screenshot shows, but i was only working with it a minute or
two...

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org