Thursday wrote:
> What are the top 5 libraries you'd like to see ported to Ruby?  For
> example, I'd love to see Perl's IPN (paypal) module ported to Ruby.
>
> And what are the top 5 apps you'd like to see ported to Ruby?  I'd love
> to see Trac ported to Ruby (especially Trac's web-based svn repository
> viewer/differ which I prefer over viewcvs).

Why ported?  Why not a list of just the top whatever apps and libs
people might like? Are there bonus points for copying what has been done
in another language?

I'd like to see a robust pure-Ruby XSLT library, and a pure-Ruby Jabber
server.    Whether it copies some app in another language makes no diff
to me, so long as it has a Ruby API + full spec/rec compliance.

Also, off the top if my head, I'd also like pure-Ruby VOIP/digital
telephony libraries.  Have no idea what they would be ported from.

On a a more philosophical note, I'd like to see Ruby apps that are the
first to address emerging technology and user behavior.

James

P.S.
One other item for the wish list: some magic code that lets Ruby call
code written in other languages so that they no longer need porting.