matz / zetabits.com (Yukihiro Matsumoto) writes:

> |I'm wondering: was the idea of having a different block type for scope
> |protection just too stupid? I've seen no comments about
> |ruby-talk:12393.
>
> I don't think it's too stupid.  But I don't prefer this one.  It seems
> like a sign of exponential complexity.

OK, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but from a user's perspective,
in what way is this more complex than

   { <a,b;c,d>
     e = 1
   }

In this case, the user still has no idea of the meaning of 'e' unless
they examine the entire outer scope. In

  {{ |a,b|
     e = 1
  }}

they know that _every_ variable is local to the block.

I understand that this may be complex in terms of implementation, but
it seems fairly simple from the outside.

Naively,

Dave