Sarah Tanembaum <sarahtanembaum / yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just to rephrase it, since Web Application such as shopping cart has
> many dependencies, Ruby is not ready for such application. Unlike PHP,
> Ruby lack many dependencies to build a descent web/graphical
> application. Is correct statement?

The thing is, quite apart from the language, there are a bunch of fiddly
details you have to keep in mind when writing a shopping cart. My guess
is that no one in the ruby community felt it'd be sufficiently
fun/interesting to go through this particular exercise; the php
community being so much bigger meant it was likelier to include someone
with an interest in shopping carts.

martin