I think it might be a good idea for us to collect feedback on the most
desired libraries and apps to port to ruby.

If we find that many of us don't use ruby because of a specific missing
library, then we can work together to address that need (perhaps even
pooling money together to pay developers).

I believe having a page devoted to this issue might be a good way to get
started.  Something to collect, categorize and organize this info so we
can better understand what might provide the best ROI.

What are the top 5 libraries you'd like to see ported to Ruby?  For
example, I'd love to see Perl's IPN (paypal) module ported to Ruby.

And what are the top 5 apps you'd like to see ported to Ruby?  I'd love
to see Trac ported to Ruby (especially Trac's web-based svn repository
viewer/differ which I prefer over viewcvs).

ps

If you speak Japanese, it would be good to get feedback from the
thriving Japanese ruby community translated for this as well.