Sam Stephenson wrote:
> Sarah,
>
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 07:31:30 +0900, Sarah Tanembaum
> <sarahtanembaum / yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I thought it would be easier than PHP and perhaps smaller code because
>>of Ruby elegance, why would it takes so much effort? Perhaps Ruby is not
>>ready for the kind of project we discuss?
>

> Well, is that what you want us to tell you? You can heed the advice of
> others in this thread, or you can continue to repeat unsubstantiated,
> opaque claims.
>
> A quick Google Groups search of your name and the words "not ready"
> brings up similar posts in the Python[1] and PHP[2] newsgroups. If
> you're genuinely interested in what Ruby can do for you, perhaps you
> can start by not trolling--or otherwise being hostile--in what many of
> us consider to be one of the friendliest communities on the Internet.
>
> Please forgive me if I've misunderstood your intents.
>
> Sam
>
> [1] http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/d128dea3deef442
> [2] http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.php/msg/562ad4268d53ac66

Forgive me if I gave you that impression. I was so glad that someone
posted the working mod_ruby and fcgi dlls for windows just a few weeks
ago. I've been hunting that dll since the begining of last year to start
my web project. I ended up using PHP since I couldn't get mod_ruby/eruby
working. Now that it can, I'd like to go further in using Ruby but I
just need some examples and guidance from Ruby gurus such as yourself.

PHP has ample forums with many examples ranging from simple script,
simple apps, and some quite large apps, but it gave everyone what they
need. As for myself, I am quite thankful to those who write simple apps
with some simple explanation, therefore enable myself to extend the apps
or the scripts.

Therefore, I'm hoping that I can get it with the Ruby forums as well.

Again, if I offended anyone, I'm sorry, but my real intention is to
learn Ruby as quick as I can so I can start doing a real work with it.
Or perhaps contribute once I master it.

Thanks