"W. Kent Starr" <elderburn / mindspring.com> writes:

> Yes and no. The "problem" is not behavior within my own code or your
> own code.  _We_ can control that. The problem is me using your code
> and vice versa where we may use predefined loops with variables that
> step over each others next scope up variables. The point is, when
> _you_ use portions of my code, either as snippets (where you can see
> the problem) or as predefiend Procs (where you can still see, but
> with more study). Bottomline is that _you_ should be able to use my
> predined "cool" proc with no effort and still feel safe realative
> any of your variables in the next space up.

But to do that, you'd have to cut and paste the code into your
code. And whenever you do that, you're risking clashes of one sort or
another. We could have methods of the same name, or globals, or
classes, or whatever. I'm not sure I see why this particular issue is
worse.

Could you give an example of a problem that has occurred this way?

Dave