Stephan K?mper wrote:

> Curt Hibbs wrote:
> > If its not too much trouble, RC10 and RC11 are still out there
> on RubyForge
> > and I'd be interested to know if those work or fail.
> >

> I'll be glad to help.
> The download is unusually slow BTW; approx. 10kB/sec at 2005-01-06T23:15
> MEZ.

RubyForge is being hammered by people downloading the newly released
one-click installer (averaging 240 downloads/day since its release), so that
is really sucking up RubyForge's bandwidth.

> Here's what I did:
>
> - Uninstall Ruby-1.8.2-14
> - ruby\bin is still in the PATH; removed it.
> - Nothing about Ruby in PATHEXT
> - Installed RC10
> - There's no Ruby in the PATH and no rb/rbw in PATHEXT.
>    Not even after rebooting, which shouldn't be necessary with XP.
> - Uninstalled Ruby RC10
> - Installed RC11
> - Still no Ruby in the PATH (and nothing ruby-related in PATHEXT)

Perfect procedure. If I could ask you to do one more thing I would really
appreciate it. When I added RubyGems into the installer, I had to modify the
little C program we have that sets environment variables (like PATH and
PATHEXT).

RC7 was before this modification, and I just put it back up on RubyForge.
Could you please give that a try with the same procedure you used above?

Thanks,
Curt