Stephen White wrote:
> The more additions to Ruby, the more stuff I have to know before I
> understand Ruby, and the harder other people's programs become to read.

Well put.  You're quite right about the trend, and I hope we can avoid
it. Matz's willingness to say no to a lot of suggestions continues to be
valuable.

Still... this One Particular Behavior gets brought up by a pretty
significant portion of new ruby users who are confused or bothered by
it.  It's the one real "fix" I really would like to see incorporated if
an agreeable (and hopefully fully backwards-compatible) syntax can be
settled on.

 -- Mark