Johan Nilsson wrote:

> "Curt Hibbs" <curt / hibbs.com> wrote in message
> news:EAENKKNOJPMNCDMLDOMLMEJMHEAA.curt / hibbs.com...
> > Finally, after what seemed to be an endless series
> > of release candidates, I am happy to announce the
> > final release of version 182-14. Happy New Year!
> >

> I don't know if it's only me, but the installer doesn't seem to update the
> path properly. After deinstalling 1.8.2-14 RC9 and installing the final
> release I'm no longer able to simply execute 'ruby' from the command line.
> Starting FreeRIDE also complains about missing rubyw. Simply running a
> script by e.g. "sample.rb" seems to work fine.
>
> I installed as a user with administrative rights on two machines, and the
> same problem applies to both. What's probably worth noting is that neither
> of these accounts is the default adminstrative account.
>
> Platform is WinXP Pro SP1 / SP2 (on the two machines I've tried).

You may need to reboot your machine after installation. Normally this is not
necessary, but I've noticed that a small percentage of the time, the updated
path does not appear to take affect until after a restart. For me, it
happens rarely, and I've never been able to discern any pattern as to when
this will occur.

Curt