Hi,

I'm happy to announce the first public release of logtails, a graphical
tool to open several tails on log files. Those files can be local or
remote. This 0.1 version, even if all implemented functionalities are
working fine, is more of a proof of concept thing as lots of
functionalities are missing (lots of menu entries don't work, removing a
tab is not possible, not a lot of error checking, ssh connection seems
to hang around, ....). But I didn't want to wait longer and take the
risk that this tool would stay on my harddisk forever. Work on version
0.2, which should fix lots of things, already has begun.

This tool is based on Korundum, the Qt and KDE bindings by Richard Dale
and Alexander Kellett; and on net-ssh [2] by Jamis Buck (which I use as
a gem, which could be necessary if you want to test this version).

Two files are available for download:
- logtails-0.1.tar.bz2 with the ruby files needed to use the tool
- logtails-0.1-with-ui-files.tar.bz2 which also contains the .ui files
generated by the Qt Designer.

Logtails is already a project on Rubyforge thanks to a super fast
approval by Tom Copeland: http://rubyforge.org/projects/logtails/

Big thanks to Richard Dale for his work on Korundum and his answers to
my questions, and to Jamis Buck for net-ssh and its great documentation!

Raph

[1] http://rubyforge.org/projects/korundum
[2] http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org/