On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 01:41:33 +0900, Piergiuliano Bossi wrote

> I wonder if in ruby there is anything better than that. I'm sure
> there should be!
>
> I guess there are 2 main areas:
> 1) webapp
> 2) desktop gui
>
> While I think that building CRUD in rails should be simple (but I
> have never tried and I wonder if there is any alternative), I
> imagine that there currently is no solution ready to use as a
> desktop gui.

The desktop GUI is the piece that is missing.  One can use Rails, IOWA, or
any of several other Ruby technologies to make the webapp end very easily,
but none of them have any sort of a desktop GUI that one can use to draw the
interface.

Kirk Haines