Yukihiro Matsumoto ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Seeking info on keyword parameters"
>     on Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:16:34 +0900, gabriele renzi <rff_rff / remove-yahoo.it> writes:
>
> |maybe I'm reading too much in this message, but did you left the idea of
> |having separated named arguments and default arguments ?
>
> I assume you are suggesting Smalltalk style
>
>   foo.move a from: b to: c
>
> method invocation which mentioned by itsme.  I'm not positive that it
> fits in Ruby.  How can I specify such a method by a symbol, for
> example?
>
> 							matz.

sorry for being unclear.
I meant if you still think that arguments declared with "=" are
separated from argument declared with ":", :

def foo(a=10, b: 20)... end
foo(7, b: 40)

since you wrote "look like python" I hoped that you changed your mind by
allowing 'named' passing for all arguments:

def foo(a=10, b=20)
foo b: 40, a: 20