Hello all,

I'm happy to release RubyTorrent 0.1. RubyTorrent is a pure-Ruby
BitTorrent peer library. Changes in version 0.1 include many bugfixes
(Windows platforms now fully functional) and enhancements (snubbing
support, API improvements, http_proxy). You can get it at:

http://www.masanjin.net/~wmorgan/rubytorrent/rubytorrent-0.1.tar.gz
(RubyForge project coming soon.)

RubyTorrent is around 1500 lines. I've included a simple command-line
text peer program, rtpeer.rb, for you to play around with. The API is
also slowly changing into something useful. From the "docs":

Synopsis
--------

## world's smallest bittorrent client
require 'rubytorrent'
bt = RubyTorrent::BitTorrent.new(ARGV.shift)
thread = Thread.new do
  while true
    puts bt.percent_completed
    sleep 15
bt.on_complete { thread.kill }
thread.join

Comments, bug reports and patches always welcome. Have fun.

--
William <wmorgan-ruby-talk / masanjin.net>