Florian Gross wrote:

> Tim Hunter wrote:
>
>> The 2nd alpha release of Ruby Vector Graphics is available at RubyForge.
>> http://rubyforge.org/projects/rvg
>
> Nice project. Can't wait to see this back-ported to RMagick, but I
> wonder about what was changed in this version. Could you elaborate?
>
> Thank you.

There were two incompatible changes. I changed the name of the
RVG#background_color method to #background_fill so it would match the SVG
1.2 standard. This meant I had to change the old #background_fill to
#background_pattern.  I also changed the order of arguments in the #rect,
#circle, and #ellipse methods to allow some of the arguments have default
values.

The new features are
   o embedded raster images,
   o clipping paths, and
   o RVG objects can be arguments to the #use method

You can certainly use RVG with RMagick today. RVG is 100% pure Ruby. You
just use a simple setup.rb command to install it. It should work well with
just about any release of RMagick, although you'll get better results if
you're using ImageMagick 6.0.0 or later.