Half-way there. Turning trace on and being patient lets me see the last statement executed (IO.select, if anyone was wondering).  I
hate being new to an environment. The obvious things aren't.

However, control-C does *not* return control to the debugger. It produces:
  [2005-01-02 22:04:47] INFO  going to shutdown ...
  [2005-01-02 22:04:47] INFO  WEBrick::HTTPServer#start done.
I'm betting that the reason it does so is the trap("INT") in the app.  Is there a way to get the debugger's SIGINT handler priority
over application handling?  (I'm running on WinXP, if p;atform matters.)

TIA

Kevin Kleinfelter
Hiting CTRL-C should interrupt the debugger in all cases then you can
switch from one thread to another with the "thread switch #N" command.
Isn't it working this way on your machine?

For a more user friandly user interface to the debugger you can also
euse the debugger in FreeRIDE, the free Ruby IDE.

Laurent