I'm trying to configure WEBrick to create a server that will behave in
the following way.  I have made a number of false starts, and before I
dive in and try again, I'm wondering if anyone has created a setup that
they can describe which has each and every one of the following
characteristics:

- One WEBrick instance answers queries for a number of different
  virtual hosts that are listening on the same IP address.

- For each virtual host, WEBrick can serve up different content.

- This content is organized in subdirectories whose names are based in
  some way on the virtual hostnames.  Within each of these
  subdirectories is contained the site-specific ruby code which controls
  the appearance and functionality of each of these individual sites.

- Session management is easily available and selectable, such that any
  individual sites that want session management simply have to request
  it via some sort of configuration; and any sites which don't want
  session management don't have to use it and can disable it.

I have found examples which show how to manage sessions (for example,
using tofu), and other examples which show how to handle the virtual
hosts.  However, I have yet to see how to have all of these features
in a single WEBrick instance.

If someone could point me to an example of how all of this can be done
within a single instantiation of WEBrick, I would be quite grateful.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz / asfast.com