Richard Dale wrote:
> Lothar Scholz wrote:
>
> > There are two companies working at it at the moment.
> > There is no open-source project now.
> >
> What about FreeRIDE, Eclipse RDT or KDevelop? You may argue that
Arachno is
> the only production ready IDE or whatever, but saying 'There is no
> open-source project' is misleading in my opinion.

I found Lothar's post misleading in a different way - the original
poster was asking about a Smalltalk-like environment, and there isn't
anything, commercial or not, that provides this for Ruby.  It was
explicitly not a question about IDEs in general (" 'IDE' doesn't do it
justice" was the OP's comment).  I don't think Arachno is relevant in
this context.

However, he did say "working at it", so it's possible that he's
referring to something that hasn't yet been released.  If so, I'd love
to hear more.

Avi