Hi there,

I've been getting up to speed with Ruby in the hollidays. Tempted by the
  combination of the Pickaxe 2nd ed, Gems and Rails, I've been using
Emacs/iruby like I would use Python (ipython) or Common Lisp (SLIME).

Though that's a proven and winning combo, I wonder whether there are any
attempts at creating more smalltalk-like environments like Squeak or
VisualWorks, for Ruby. They offer an advanced graphical environment
("IDE" doesn't do it justice). Just the classbrowser of smalltalk alone
is worth a virtual homocide.

Because Ruby is often compared with smalltalk and because of its dynamic
nature it seems to be an ideal language for these type of applications.
Haven't found any though: Ruby seems still to be firmly rooted in the
Unix/text/console  world.