Dave Thomas wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2004, at 3:49 PM, James Britt wrote:
>

>> Question for Dave Thomas (and my apologies if I've asked this before):
>>
>> How stable is the file format for the ri YAML data?
>

> The file format is YAML. I don't think there've been any incompatible
> YAML changes for a while now.
>
> The file content is also pretty stable.

That's actually what I meant t say; not if YAML itself is stable, but if
the structure of the YAML in the ri data files is reasonably stable,
such that code that parses the file content directly as strings
shouldn't break too much too soon if there are changes to the ri API.

> There _may_ be a change when the
> cache stuff gets unstubbed, but at the worst that'll just add an extra
> attribute or two to deserialized objects, which shouldn't affect your code.

Sounds good.  Thanks!

James