Some times I deal with a legacy table with screwy datetime info, so you
get fields that in MySQL are '0000-00-00' or other kinds of invalid
values ... I pull this out with DBI I get an ArgumentError that simply
says "argument out of range", which I believe is being caused by DBI
calling Time.gm( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 ) or something like that.

Now, it makes sense to me that DBI doesn't want to deal with this, but
in some cases it might be convenient for me to get a message that tells
me specifically what row has the bad value. Does anybody know how I
might do this, short of hacking DBI directly?

Francis Hwang
http://fhwang.net/