James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb / neurogami.com> writes:

> Bil Kleb wrote:
>> What's the best method to automate the validation
>> of HTML (and CSS)?
>> In 2001, someone mentioned hooking up to W3's validation
>> service, http://validator.w3.org/, but my lame search
>> abilities have failed to find anything more...
>

> I don't have any suggestions for CSS (though I believe their are
> Web-based validators out there someplace), but for local validation I
> sometimes use RXP.
>
> It's a fast validating XML parser, written in C, that runs on a
> variety of platforms.  I like it because there is a Windows version,
> and I can quickly check an XML file against a DTD.

I'll throw RNV <http://davidashen.net/rnv.html> in, which is a small
and fast RELAX NG validator I've been using to check my XHTML
documents.  It also includes RVP, an XML validator that can
be easily used over a pipe.  (Haven't looked further into that.)

Christian Neukirchen
<chneukirchen / gmail.com>