> Being a technical typesetting hobbyist this whole discussion is
> rather intriguing.  Where can I read more about where all these
> bits are heading?

I guess we could give you a good prediction about future package
availability if you tell us what you are looking for. I plan to port some
packages myself, but I guess we're still far behind the Pe.l community in
this area... The upside being that we can port instead of having to code
ourselves.

I got to be a typesetting hobbyist after finally getting around to
understanding some of the LaTeX system.. Where does your interest come from
? Is it just the 'Oh-No-Word-Messed-Up-My-Text' horror ?

kaspar

hand manufactured code - www.tua.ch/ruby