At 18:02 12.03.01 +0900, PAUL_GRIFFIN / jft.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm using Ruby to drive MS Excel but I get a EXCEL process left over after
>closing and quitting.

Hmmm... when Ruby exits on my system, all EXCEL processes that I started with
Win32ole die at the same time. If you want to get rid of an excel process
while ruby is still running, see below.

>Any ideas or code to check for left over processes on NT.

Well no. But try the following. At least in IRB it
kills the excel process immediately, so you do not need to check
for it.

#
# excel instantiation
require "win32ole"
excel = Win32OLE.new("Excel.Application")

# some processing
excel.visible = true
excel.visible = false

# quit excel
excel.quit

# lose the reference so that excel can be garbage collected
excel = nil

# ...and collect it.
GC.start
#

I hope that solves your problem!
(BTW: I used the windows installer 1.6.2-3 for this)

-
Tammo Freese
freese / acm.org