Thursday ha scritto:
:

> 1. a more formal release process--this could be as simple as documenting
> what level of testing goes into changes to the stable vs dev branches
> before they are committed to CVS.

just my 2cents on this:
I think this is really a worthwhile goal.
I'd like to have a slightly more formal process like
- set a not huge timing for the each .point release (i.e. 4 months). I'd
like this to be short, pointing people to 'stable snapshot' does not
give the same feeling that "use 1.8.3".
- Put someone in charge of it.
- After a fixed period (i.e. after 2 months) declare real feature freeze
(some stuff could change in this period, think of
RSS::Parser/Maker,cvs.rb,Tk changes) and just fix bugs.
- Let hackers mess up the next version in peace safely :)

Well, this mostly just requires a release manager, as matz pointed out
some time ago. Noone candidate him/herself, anyway. Would someone do it
now, please? :)

> 2. a bug tracking system where we can report and view bugs--bugzilla is
> overkill, maybe something simpler like trac should be considered.

the bug tracking system ATM is here:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=426
probably this need more visibility.
Would it be possible to add a link on the main rubyforge page with
something like "report a bug in Ruby"?
Could this also be put on the main ruby page?